Our client is a leading provider of innovative and cutting edge solutions to the health care sector. They now require a SQL DBA to join their team.
Responsibilities of the SQL DBA:
- Provide technical expertise on all database related activity.
- Plan, enhance and deploy clinical applications.
- Ensure databases are designed, developed and tested in accordance with best practice.
- Identify areas of improvement for production functionality, performance and monitoring.
- Work closely with Product Management assisting with ideas for product improvement.
- Provide out of hours technical support.
- Escalate issues, when appropriate, to the Operations Director.
Skills and Experience for the SQL DBA:
- In depth knowledge of relational database design, development, testing, deployment and administration.
- Excellent experience of SQL Server 2008 or later.
- Strong understanding of T-SQL.
- Experience of manipulation, transformation and exploration of large multi-dimensional database.
- SSRS reports.
The SQL DBA position is based in Milton Keynes.
The SQL DBA will pay a salary in the region of £35,000 depending on experience.