Our client is a Global Law Firm who are looking to recruit a Network Manager who will be responsible for the management of a team of 6 people based in London, Glasgow and Melbourne.
The Law Firm Network Manager role will be based from the firms Glasgow office.
Network Manager Overview:
The Network Manager will be a direct line manager, leading and developing a team of 6 network engineers based in London, Glasgow and Melbourne.
The Network Manager will act as point of contact for all aspects of the network infrastructure, both WAN and LAN. Provide strategic guidance, development and support of the Law Firms network infrastructure Provide 4th level operational; support and act as escalation point for Operations BAU team.
Work closely with Architecture, Applications, Information Security and BAU teams to ensure smooth transition of new technologies and projects into BAU support.
It is envisaged that the role will be 50% BAU support based and 50% project based.
- To manage, lead and further develop a global team of six including two contractors.
- Co-ordinate workloads across the team ensuring 24/7 support of a global network.
- To work with the Architecture and Information Security teams to deliver projects to agreed design, standards and controls of the network infrastructure and disaster recovery solutions.
- To be accountable for technical implementation plans and support documentation.
- Responsible for the effective and efficient running of the BAU network globally.
- Act as a key player in project work relating to upkeep and maintenance of the Law Firms network infrastructure.
- Development of policies to ensure smooth running and optimal performance of network infrastructure.
- Top level support and ownership of WAN and LAN technologies and to collaborate and assist in all top level support.
- Key player in developing base level network security.
- Key player in ensuring the firms network meets required security standards and controls.
- Work with 3rd party vendors to identify root cause analysis on any support issues.
This position is to be based in Glasgow, Scotland and will pay a competitive salary based on experience.