Our client is a national provider of Healthcare and Patient systems and they are now looking to recruit a Project Manager with In depth knowledge of the NHS and Healthcare Information Systems.
In this Project Manager role you will be carrying out the following duties:
- All aspects of planning and deploying complex healthcare IT systems and services at NHS Trust and Health-Community level, including the management of the client and 3rd parties.
- Ensuring buy in to the plan from all parties, including client and 3rd parties
- Presenting & reporting to Project Boards and Senior Management.
- Achieving milestone sign off; aspects of which may have dependencies upon the client and 3rd parties
- Identifying and managing project issues and risks and escalating appropriately.
Key Skills required for the Project Manager role are:
- In depth knowledge of the NHS and Healthcare Information Systems
- Understanding of the operational procedures within one or more care settings e.g. Acute Secondary, Acute Mental Health, Primary Care etc., and departments within the NHS
- Understanding of the role of healthcare informatics in the delivery (and modernisation of) healthcare services
- Project Management methodologies – PRINCE2 an advantage
- Practical experience in the delivery of large scale IT led business change projects, ideally in an NHS setting such as the replacement of a hospital or mental health system
- Medical/Clinical systems awareness or a clinical background an advantage
- A successful and proven track record in working to tight deadlines in a busy challenging environment.
This role will involve UK travel but is a home based role and pays a salary based on experience in the region of £45,000 to £60,000 + Car Allowance and Benefits