IT Project Manager - NHS or Healthcare Experience
IT Project Manager - NHS or Healthcare experience
12 Month Fixed Term Contract
up to £60,000
Our client is a provider of healthcare systems to the NHS and Private Medical sectors and is now looking for a Project Manager to join the company on a 12 month fixed term contract to cover for maternity leave. The role will be home based with travel to client sites (NHS Trusts).
Main responsibilities for the Project Manager role:
- All aspects of planning and deploying complex healthcare IT systems and services at NHS Trust and Health-Community level, including the management of the client and 3rd parties.
- Ensuring buy in to the plan from all parties, including client and 3rd parties
- Presenting & reporting to Project Boards and Senior Management.
- Achieving milestone sign off; aspects of which may have dependencies upon the client and 3rd parties
- Identifying and managing project issues and risks and escalating appropriately.
- Ensuring the overall solution, including operational procedures and workarounds is ‘fit for purpose’
- Direct management of team(s) (including client and 3rd party) to deploy the solution.
- Providing demonstrations and workshops to the client to encourage team work between supplier and client
Key skills and person specification:
- In depth knowledge of the NHS and Healthcare Information Systems
- Understanding of the operational procedures within one or more care settings e.g. Acute Secondary, Acute Mental Health, Primary Care etc., and departments within the NHS
- Understanding of the role of healthcare informatics in the delivery (and modernisation of) healthcare services
- Project Management methodologies – PRINCE2 an advantage
- Practical experience in the delivery of large scale IT led business change projects, ideally in an NHS setting such as the replacement of a hospital or mental health system
- Medical/Clinical systems awareness or a clinical background an advantage
This role is home based and pays a salary up to £60,000 and is a 12 month fixed term contract to cover for maternity leave.